0 - 5 years
Job area :
The position holder draws reference points on plates, cuts , shapes them and assembles them. He performs the final adjustment of components in order to make them watertight.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Read and interpret drawings, work orders, sketches and specifications inherent in his work.
- Draw metal using measuring instruments to guide cutting, shaping and assembly work.
- Draw landmarks and position lines, as required, on hull, decks, and bulkheads.
- Operate and ensure the correct operation of the machines.
- Cut metal parts with oxycutter, plasma or other.
- Check tightness of structural tanks by performing leakage tests in water, air or other.
- Prepare and use patterns and templates to assist in tracing, cutting and shaping parts.
- Install, assemble, adjust and fixe all parts, components or any associated accessories of the structure.
- From the drawings or from any other useful specifications, proceed to the assembly or reassembly of parts.
- Level, align, assemble and erect the different sections or the different ship blocks.
- Straightening by heat or mechanically parts to be assembled or already assembled.
- Complys with the company's quality standards, the requirements prescribed in the procedures for performing its work and notify its Team Leader of anything that does not comply with the standards.
- Major projects, challenges and futur opportunities
Merré is a shipyard who builds ships from 12 to 80 meters in steel and/or aluminum material.
Merré is wellknown as the "multispecialist" in the worldwide shipbuilding industry.
Based on both the skills and the knowledge of its teams, as well as a modern organization, Merré keeps under his expertise the entire value chain for the ship construction from architecture to the construction, equipment, sale and after-sale.
Merré is also the only French shipyard specialist of dredging, cutter suction and trailing suction hopper dredging, Genflo dredging process and all dredging equipment.
Two locations : Merré is located in Nort-sur-Erdre (headquarters and production site) and Saint-Nazaire (construction of larger vessels through the facilities of the Port and direct access to the sea)
SociétÉ des Établissements Merré
Tel. : +33 (0)2 40 29 50 44
Fax : +33 (0)2 40 29 52 56
Email : email@example.com
Route de Nantes
Nort sur Erdre
Opening hours :
from Monday to Thursday :
07:30 to 12:00 and 13:00 to 16:00
on Friday :
07:30 to 12:00 and 13:00 to 15:30
You are interested in this position. Thank you for filling in the following contact form :